Founded by Raja Abhay Chand, the king of ruling Katoch dynasty of Kangra in 1748 A.D. Sujanpur is a beautiful historical town.
Location: A beautiful small town, situated at an altitude of about 515 Meters above sea level on the left bank of Beas River at a distance of 24 Kilometers from Hamirpur on Hamirpur Palampur road. Sujanpur is the Sub Divisional Headquarter, Tehsil Headquarter and Development Block Headquarter.
Best Time to Visit: This place is easily accessible throughout the year. But rainy season adds a lot to the beauty of this town.
What to See:
- Historical Katoch Dynasty Sujanpur Fort situated at a distance of 4 Kilometers.
- Famous for the Chaugan (ground) which is the biggest one in the state.
- Narvdeshwar Mahadev Temple situated in the town built during 1823 A.D.
- Gauri Shankar temple built during the time of Raja Sansar Chand in 1793 A.D. is situated in the Form at a distance of 4 Kilometers from the town.
- Murli Manohar temple built in 1790 A.D. is situated in the middle of the town.
- Prestigious Sainik School Sujanpur Tira is situated in the middle of the town.
How to Reach:
There is no Airport in district Hamirpur, thus no direct Air Service / Flight is available to this town. The nearest Airport to Sujanpur is Gaggal (Kangra) near Dharamshala. Gaggal Airport is about 108 KMs far
There is no direct Train service to this town. The nearest railway stations from Sujanpur is Una (Broad Gauge Railway line), Amb (Broad Gauge Railway line) and Jawalamukhi Road (Narrow Gauge Railway line). Una Railway Station is about 104 KMs far. Amb railway station is approximately 94 KMs away.
This place is very well connected by road from all the major cities of Himachal Pradesh and other neighboring states. Regular bus service is available to this place. Taxis are also easily available.
Stay facilities of Himachal Pradesh Public Works Department run Rest House and other privately run Hotels and Guest Houses can be availed.