The Deputy Director office of Elementary Education of the District Hamirpur situated in the Hamirpur town near Government Senior Secondary School (Boys), Hamirpur. This office deals with the educational institutions from 1st to 8th class of the district. At present 480 Government Primary Schools under 6 Block Elementary Education Offices, 116 Government Middle Schools, 67 Government High Schools are running in the district. 216 (Primary & Upper Primary) recognised privately managed schools are also functioning in the district.
- All the Government Schools are providing free and compulsory education to the children from 6-14 years age group and 25% free seats are also for the weaker section and disadvantage group in the privately managed schools under RTE ACT, 2009.
- 14 Government Primary Model Schools are functioning in district.
- This office also deals with the appointments/transfer of District Cadre Posts i.e. JBT and C&V Categories.
- Supply of free text books/free writing material to all eligible students every year.
- Supply of free School Uniforms alongwith stitching charges given to all students under MGVY.
- Free nutrition foods for 26021 students studying in classes 1st to 8th with the target of Rs. 5,08,30,800/- for the year of 2017 under MDM Scheme.
- English Medium is running in 153 Government Primary Schools.
- Nursery Classes are also running in 56 Government Primary Schools.
- Government Primary School Anu Khurd is covered under the scheme of Sansad Gram Adarsh Yojna.
- The Government Schools upto elementary level are inspected/monitored by the DDEE/Dy. DEO/BEEOs/CHTs/various inspections committees as per RTE.