Nadaun is a historical town situated on the left bank of the Beas River bordering district Kangra. This place has close association with the Katoch Dynasty of Kangra. It remained as a major trade centre on way from Punjab to the interior areas of the Himachal Pradesh.
Location: A beautiful small town, situated at an altitude of about 400 meters above sea level on the left bank of Beas River at a distance of 28 Kilometers from Hamirpur on Hamirpur Kangra road. Nadaun is the Sub Divisional Headquarter, Tehsil Headquarter and Development Block Headquarter.
Best Time to Visit: This place is easily accessible throughout the year. But rainy season adds a lot to the beauty of this town.
What to See:
- Historical Palace situated at a distance of 2 Kilometers.
- Famous for Amtar Cricket Stadium being run by the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association situated at a distance of 2 Kilometers.
- Bilkaleshwar Mahadev Temple built by Pandavas is situated at about 7 Kilometers away on Nadaun to Sujanpur road.
- Dhaynu Bhagat Samadhi situated in the town.
- Historical Gurudwara situated in the town.
How to Reach:
There is no Airport in district Hamirpur, thus no direct Air Service / Flight is available to this town. The nearest Airport to Nadaun is Gaggal (Kangra) near Dharamshala. Gaggal Airport is about 55 KMs far.
There is no direct Train service to this town. The nearest Railway Stations from Nadaun are Amb (Broad Gauge Railway line) and Jawalamukhi Road (Narrow Gauge Railway line). Amb railway station is approximately 42 KMs away and Jawalamukhi Road Railway Station is about 40 KMs.
This place is very well connected by road from all the major cities of Himachal Pradesh and other neighboring states. Taxis are also easily available.
Stay facilities of Himachal Pradesh Public Works Department run Rest House and other privately run Hotels and Guest Houses can be availed.